Effective: Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Your use of this Website is at your own risk. The Website shall be given 'as is' without, stated or implied, warranties or conditions of any sort, including any implied warranties of merchantability, merchantability, completeness of any information, title, or non-infringement. MiVolunteer does not warrant that the website or content stored on this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that errors will be fixed or that no viruses or other harmful components will be found on this website or on the server that makes it available.
Without limiting the above, MiVolunteer does not warrant or provide any representation as to the use, the ability to use or the outcome of the use of the material in terms of accuracy, reliability or otherwise. The contents can contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Mississauga and GTA Relief Initiative can, at any time , make adjustments or enhancements to the content or the Website. MiVolunteer does not guarantee that your use of the material would not infringe the rights of others and accepts no obligation or liability for errors or omissions in the material.
MiVolunteer, its management and team members shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, exceptional, exemplary or other damages, including, but not limited to, loss of revenue or profits, emotional distress or similar damages or damages arising from any (1) mistake or omission of material, (2) unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information, (3) any disruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website, (4) any bugs, viruses or the like which may be transmitted to or from our website by any third party, or (5) any failure or harm of any sort that may occur as a result of your use of any content uploaded, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on our website.
You consent to protect, agree to hold MiVolunteer, its management and teams members harmless from and against any and all lawsuits, damages, commitments, judgments, injuries, liabilities, costs or debts, attorney's fees and other expenses expenses arising from: (1) your use of and access to the website; (2) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property rights, and other expenses arising from: This duty to protect and pay shall survive these terms and your use of the website. In such a scenario, The Mississauga and GTA Relief Initiative will give you a written notice of such an allegation, suit or motion.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from third parties, and automatically through our Services’ use. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources.
This website uses "cookies". Cookies are small, text-only pieces of information that, for record keeping purposes, are saved on the hard drive of a user.
Information We Collect Directly From You
We collect information directly from you in several places on our Services, as set forth generally below.
Other information you provide through our services
We will also collect any other information that you provide through our Services, such as your name, email address, job title, phone number, school or organization name, and the contents of any message you submit through our Services.
Policy on not attending shift(s)
If you have the following reasons, you are not required to have to attend your service shift:
• You or a family member/friend is sick; you have school, exams, or anything else that complies with these criteria.
If you have the following reasons, they are invalid, and you are required to attend your shift:
• Family/friends are coming to visit, the weather is “bad” (i.e., raining, snowing, etc.), or you simply don't “feel like attending.” Failure to comply will result in consequences.
If you cannot attend your shift, please give us a heads up a few days before your shift(s).
Information we collect from volunteers.
The volunteers’ information is collected directly from the volunteers through the Mississauga and GTA Relief Initiative website(s) or a third-party volunteer recruitment system. Volunteers may sign up for an event/campaign third-party or not, and their information is entered onto our database.
Information that we may collect but isn't required:
• Confidentiality form(s)
• Parental permission form
• And photography consent form(s)
Information that is required:
• Full name
• Phone number
• Emergency contact information
• And health issues we need to be aware of.
Privacy Protection Policy
Privacy plays a crucial role in society and is an essential element in maintaining public trust in people. The Mississauga and GTA Relief Initiative (MiVolunteer) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. It will ensure that privacy protection continues to play a crucial role in an open and accessible way. Personal information means recorded information about an identifiable individual.
Examples of personal information are as follows:
• Home address
• Personal email
• Home phone number/personal phone number
• Correspondence between the individual and MiVolunteer
• Sexual orientation
• Marital status
• Educational, medical, criminal, or employment history
The individual's name when connected to any of the above to qualify as personal information:
• It must be about an individual in a personal capacity.
• It is reasonable to expect an individual may be identified if the information is disclosed.
Concluding, we collect personal phone numbers, emergency contacts, and health issues that we must be aware of. As a general rule, information associated with an individual in a professional, business, or official capacity is not personal.
Incidence and Accident Policy
All employees, volunteers, and team members. are responsible for reporting occupational accidents, illnesses, incidents, hazardous conditions, near misses, and non-injury property damage. All employees are familiar with the procedures for reporting occupational accidents, illnesses, incidents, dangerous situations, and near misses through orientation by their Supervisor. All accidents, illnesses, incidents, near miss, and hazardous conditions, no matter how slight, must be reported, and all work-related incidents must be reported to your supervisor immediately if a visit to a doctor must occur.
The following are things that are considered either an incident, accident, or near-miss:
• An injury that does require professional medical treatment or lost time from work will be classified as an accident.
• An injury or illness that does not require professional medical treatment or lost time from work will be classified as an incident.
• A situation that could have potentially resulted in an accident or incident but did not will be classified as a near miss.
• A situation identified as having the potential to cause an accident, incident, or near miss will be considered a hazardous condition.
• Illness will be defined as any disease resulting from exposure to a substance relating to a particular process, trade, occupation, or a disease characteristic of one specific function, business, or employment.
• All injuries, which require first aid treatment only, must be recorded in the first aid log book. This book will be kept with the first aid kit.
• Non-injury property damage is defined as any damage to property and equipment. Non-injury property damage results in the member (volunteer or employee) being responsible for repair or replacement costs.
The Mississauga and GTA Relief Initiative is not responsible for any lost or damaged items or any injury.
Photography, videography, and audio recordings
The Mississauga and GTA Relief Initiative uses photography, videography, and audio recordings to help advertise events/campaigns and show our work to the general public. By anyone becoming a team member, volunteer, or a member in general, you are automatically giving us your consent to take photos, videos, and audio recordings that will include you intentionally or not. MiVolunteer unfortunately, cannot have photos taken down from our website(s), social media, posters, or any other platforms that help us communicate with the public unless required by law.
No discrimination policy
The No discrimination policy prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following grounds, and any combination of these grounds:
• Age Creed (religion)
• Sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding)
• Sexual orientation
• Gender identity
• Gender expression
• Family status (such as being in a parent-child relationship)
• Marital status (including married, single, widowed, divorced, separated or living in a conjugal relationship outside of marriage, whether in a same-sex or opposite-sex relationship)
• Disability (including mental, physical, developmental or learning disabilities)
• Place of origin
• Ethnic origin
• Record of offenses (criminal conviction for a provincial offense, or for an offense for which a pardon has been received)
• Association or relationship with a person identified by one of the above grounds
• The perception that one of the above grounds applies.
The following is prohibited:
• And anything else that complies with this criteria
Waiver of Liability (Linked to "Liability")
Assumption of Risk
The Client agrees that its participation in the events/campaigns of The Mississauga and the GTA Relief Initiative, otherwise known as MiVolunteer or TMGRI, is voluntary. Besides, the Client agrees to assume any risk associated with taking part in the event and releases MiVolunteer from all claims of loss or damage that may arise during the participation of the Client. These releases are limitless and include fees for attorneys, personal injuries, property harm, and any other loss or damage that the Client may experience.
The Client agrees to indemnify and keep MiVolunteer harmless from any allegations of loss, damage, or injury, including damage caused by the Client to MiVolunteer's properties.
Personal Well Being
The Client at this moment warrants that they will be physically fit and able to participate without undue risk in MiVolunteer's events/campaigns.
The Client hereby acknowledges that he/she/they have not traveled within the past 14 days and have not experienced any flu-like symptoms in the past four weeks. The client also states that he/she/they cannot hold MiVolunteer liable for any flu-like symptoms that occur anytime-either after or during the event/campaign attended.
Right to Cancel
MiVolunteer preserves the right to deny the participation of the Client in their events/campaigns if they deem that any party would be at risk of loss, damage, or injury.
This waiver agreement is governed by the laws of both the Ontario government and the Government of Canada. Any civil action, allegation, or complaint relating to negligence, harm to property, or injury is the sole responsibility of the Client and not the responsibility of The Mississauga and GTA Relief Initiative (MiVolunteer).